Our Mission: To build a strong and connected entrepreneurial ecosystem to accelerate new venture formation centered around the University of South Carolina and the Columbia, SC region.
"Startup communities" are launching everywhere, from cities like Boulder, Boston, and Silicon Valley to cities around the world. These types of entrepreneurial ecosystems are driving innovation, new venture formation and economic prosperity. Innovative research institutions such as USC provide ideas, opportunities, talent, and raw materials that drive entrepreneurial activity.
We’re a team of passionate and experienced entrepreneurs that understand the power of connected and dynamic ecosystems. To that end, we’re investing in the following five elements of of Columbia’s ecosystem to power new venture formation.
- Culture - World class startup ecosystems provide an environment and a culture that bring people together, create strong interpersonal connections and help build a community of startups. CETi will be a vehicle for building a world class startup culture in the Midlands.
- (Entrepreneurial) Knowledge - A great ecosystem makes a wide range of entrepreneurial education programs available to help “build better (and smarter) startups”. From short courses, to boot camps to extended startup learning opportunities, CETi will be the startup community’s resource for entrepreneurial education.
- Mentorship - More than anything else, early stage companies can benefit from the experience and knowledge of seasoned entrepreneurs, subject matter experts, and those that have succeeded in the startup world. CETi will provide a deep and diverse pool of seasoned mentors that will add value to and facilitate the growth of high impact firms.
- Connectivity - Early stage firms need access to high impact business services, startup resources and tools, and opportunities to connect with each other. CETi will provide a connection point between entrepreneurs and the services providers and talent that help them get things done.
- Acceleration & Capital - Not all startups are built the same. High potential early stage firms need access specialized services, solutions, and funding to accelerate their growth. CETi and its partners will be a vehicle for identifying high impact firms and creating investment deal flow.